Friday, May 2, 2008

May day outreach

Yesterday we went to Pulau Ubin with some homeschooling families, nature volunteers and a corporation called 'Intel'. This is my first visit there and I was looking forward to it. When we reached the island, I saw many bicycle shops along the sides and you can rent them at a very cheap price! I wished I could ride a bicycle too! However we took a van to Chek Jawa.
First we all gathered at a beautiful cottage and I saw some artists painting a mural on the wall. Next auntie November took us on a walk through the mangrove swamps. It was thrilling because I saw feedler crabs, mudskippers and mud lobsters and the nipah /"atap chee" tree! After that we headed back to the cottage where uncle Joe divided us into three groups for some activities. I chose to do the clean up at the mangroves. We were given gloves and thongs to pick the rubbish. It was fun for me, though at one time, my shoes got stuck in the mud and I thought I was going to sink! After the cleanup we went back to the cottage for lunch.
This trip was a nice experience for me. Hope to make another visit there when I am older, this time riding on my bike.

No comments: