Monday, June 4, 2012

The Botanic Gardens trip

I watched my opponent carefully. Swinging the racket, he sent the shuttle cock flying into the evening sky. As I watched it's trajectory, I prepared myself to return the swing, backhand...

I was playing a match of badminton with my friend Noah. My family was on an outing together with the other members of our Cell Group(CG). I had picked a large patch of grass near the Eco Pond to play badminton. Several others were playing Frisbee. I watched the orange disk cut through the air like a blade. 

I swung my badminton racket once more, sending the shuttlecock soaring into the air, over our imaginary net. After several more minutes, exhaustion finally took over of us. After a quick break, Ian Kang, Noah and I decided to go on a duck 'hunt'. You might say it is cruelty to animals. Well, according to Ian Kang, we were simply sharpening the duck's instincts. Pretending to be the predator, we hurled sticks, and small fruit that we found on the grassy floor. Fortunately, there were no accidents. Eventually, seeing us as a potential threat, the ducks took off into the sky to a more tranquil and serene part of the pond. As the sun began to disappear behind the horizon, we returned for dinner. 

Several other matches of badminton with my friends and the day was ended. Packing up, we returned to home sweet home. 

No comments: