Friday, March 6, 2009

My First TRYthalon




I just finished my Trythalon. The day before, I felt excited and nervous. We had to wake up very early, at about 6:30am so that we could reach the venue by 7.30am. Halfway along the journey, it started to pour heavily. However, when we finally reached Sentosa, the rain subsided. I saw many children riding their bicycles to Tanjong Beach. After checking in our bicycles, we played at the beach, while waiting for the senior and intermediate group to start first. Meanwhile, my brothers and I dug moats on the beach, swam in the sea and watched the older children taking the race. They looked pretty funny when they ran to the transition area to ride their bikes. When it was our turn, daddy brought Jabez and I to the starting point to start our first event; swimming. The water was so shallow that I walked most of the time instead of swimming. There were also too many children in the water and made it difficult to swim. After getting on to our bikes, we started to cycle the 4km distance. This was my favourite part because I liked cycling best. Sometimes I moved slower so as to save my enery. Other times, I tried to OVERTAKE other children! Next, I parked my bike back at the transition area and began my run. The run was the hardest of all as I was a little tired by then. Near the finishing line, I gave all my best and ran as fast as I could. When I crossed the line, I felt so happy to have completed my first TRYthalon. Mummy who was waiting at the end, gave me a cup of water to drink. Then I went to collect my prize and guess what was my prize? It was a big tin of MILO!! I was a bit disappointed though as it was not a real trophy. But this race was a good experience for me. I enjoyed myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caleb,

What was your rank in the race?

Caleb said...

I am not sure because there were so many children. But I was definitely not the last. Do you and Dominic want to go to the Tryathalon next year?