Sunday, March 7, 2010

A three day celebration of my birthday

5 march 2010


Finally, my birthday has arrived! Even though I was not so enthusiastic about it as last year. Probably since daddy has left on a business trip for India that morning, but still I had a great day. I got to do less work than usual, (it was on a Friday, a school day) which was a great relief to me. In the afternoon, we went to the Choa Chu Kang library. But the best part of that day was when we settled down for a mini birthday dinner at home together! I enjoyed the chicken wrap which we had with lettuce, and also loved the refreshing homemade watermelon soda drink. On top of all that, mummy also bought a birthday cake. This was no ordinary birthday cake though. In fact, it was two rectangular shaped cakes of flavors truffle which was my favorite, and black forest. So, in the end, it turned out to be better than I expected! This was my first time having a three day birthday celebration.


The second day of my celebration (6 march 2010)


I was elated to hear that daddy would be coming home this morning! When he did come home,we were so happy that we gave whoops of joy! On top of that, dad also bought a camera for me! It was actually from grandma, but daddy helped to buy it for me as dad knew which camera would be more suitable for me. I went for my chess class that morning, followed by Uncle Basil's house. I had a great time playing with my friends there. Actually, we were there to have a rehersal with the CG on the songs that we would be singing at a church in Segamat. Anyway, since singing is not my cup of tea, I enjoyed more of the playing then the singing. In the evening, our family headed to grandma's house to have another celebration dinner. My favourite dish was the asam fish which grandma bought and after receiving my present, we drove home wearily.



Day three, yet another celebration, this time at Han's

(7 march 2010)


By now, my hand is already getting weary from typing, so I'll just get straight to the point...


This dinner was probably my first time eating an appetizer, main course, and dessert, at the same place, and all in order. At first when my parents introduced me to Han's, I had thought it to be Hunt's. They have the same pronunciation, but different meaning and spelling. For the appetizer, I had a generous helping of mushroom soup, and a slice of garlic bread. Then came my steak, the main course. The meat was tender, and soft as it was 'medium well.' I loved it. Although there were some parts which were too chewy for me to chew. Then came my dessert, which was a canned peach. The full peach was round and at first glance, I thought it to be an egg yolk! The meal was so delicious and for such a complete meal, they only charged our family around $53! Well, I am sorry to say that my celebration is over, but maybe there might be another birthday celebration next year, which would be better!

No comments: