Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The two days of my swim meet

16 march 2010

From the top of the diving block, I could see the clear blue swimming pool water. Suddenly, I heard the 'beep' of the whistle, and all the competitors for the 100m Free event plunged into the freezing water. As my head went underwater, I felt water leak into my goggles, followed by a Ifrantically with all my might. I kept swimming without nearly breathing, until I realised how much more air I would need. After that, I kept breathing continuously. Then, I found out that I would have to do my Freestyle turn now! I had two choices: Take the risk and turn and probably smack my head against the wall for I was pretty near to the wall already, or just turn without somersaulting and slower down. I decided to slower down. Anyway, I needed it. Surprisingly enough, I came in third! I felt very proud of myself for winning a trophy.


17 march 2010 (mainly about the party)


After a long tiring day at my swim meet, we drove to Ian Kang, my good friend, birthday party. Unlike most birthday parties, his was outside the laser quest arena. The most fun part of the party was shooting down our opponents with 'laser guns.' First, we were splitted into two groups.(Adriel was with me) Then, we had to put on heavy vests which the 'laser gun' was connected to, and where all the targets were. The aim of this game is to hit the targets, and the players who shoot the targets, earn points for their team and whichever team earned the most points, will win the game.


(my experience)

It was pitch black in the arena except for the lights on our vests which shone in the darkness. Adriel and I went together to hunt for the enemy. Suddenly we spotted them, and shots rang out. In the end, we managed to shoot a few down. But more were coming to the rescue! We had no choice but to escape, separately. Along my escape route, I met up with Adriel again, and we soon found A secret passage way. It was spooky in there, and greet lights on the stairs cast an eerie glow. I was afraid of getting lost and we left the place, and resumed our gunfire. After 20 minutes, our game was over. Every team had to play two games, and for me both games were fun although the second game was tougher. My team came out the winner in the two games and I was the top scorer! I had an exciting and fantastic day.

No comments: