Monday, December 29, 2008

My Trip to HortPark


Yesterday after my swimming class, we went to HortPark for a visit. The place has many plants! We spent a lot of time at the Garden Patch which is a patchwork of outdoor display plots that showcases garden designs, concepts, products and ideas on home gardening. The two gardens that I like are the Fantasy and Cactus Garden. The Fantasy Garden is based on the story of 'Wizard Of Ox'. We can see the Tin Wood Man, Scarecrow, and Lion in it. At the Cactus Garden there were many Cactus; big and small! Later we visited other gardens and saw chilli plants, elephant ears (which are plants that has leaves that look like elephant's ears!), and many others. My favourite was the dancing plant because there was a sign that told us that if we play some music it would dance! We decided to try out and used dad's handphone to play some music. Daddy thought the plant danced, but it was actually the wind blowing it! After that daddy brought us to a bridge that starts from the Hort Park at Alexandra Road that goes all the way to Mount Faber. We did not walk all the way of course as we were all very tired. I drifted off to sleep within minutes in the car on our way home. I shall go back to this park again as there are so many interesting things to see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went there with my homeschool friends before, did you have a fun time?

Caleb said...

Yes I had a great time.