Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Beautiful Rainbow

Just now after cycling downstairs, I saw a rainbow! I was so EXCITED because this was my first encounter with a rainbow in Singapore. My first time seeing a rainbow was in Perth! At that time I was only about 7+ and do did not remember much. I quickly took out the camera and took a photo of it. I could only see three colours red, orange and yellow. What was interesting was that, the rainbow started in the middle of the KJE. I thought that the cars would crash into it. We went to check out more from the Internet and found out that rainbows are made when light is refracted through millions of droplets in the air. Rainbows usually occur when there is moisture in the air such as after a rain, when the sun is out. Sunlight is a combination of the visible spectrum, infrared and ultraviolet. Infrared makes the sunlight hot while ultraviolet makes you sunburn or sun tan. However we humans cannot see ultraviolet and infrared except some creatures like the bees! I had a very exciting day.



This a picture of the rainbow




The bright light in this picture is the sun

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also saw it! Was it on Wednesday?

Caleb said...

Yes it was!